Parks Show Cattle is proud to offer a complete and hands-on bovine A.I. class. Increase your operation’s profitability and efficiency by learning the skills and techniques of A.I.
The Benefits of Artificial Insemination (A.I.):
- Improve the genetic quality of your herd.
- Positively impact your herd’s profit generation potential.
- Increase consistency and value of your calf crop.
- Access to superior and proven herd sires at an affordable price.
- Eliminate the need to purchase, house and feed bulls.
- Reduce labor and costs associated with convenience traits, such as;
calving ease and milking ability.
- Shorten your breeding and calving season.
- Animal Science Students – Learn a skill that makes you more valuable to perspective employers, veterinary school or your family farm/ranch.
You can expect to learn:
- Cattle artificial insemination procedure
- Frozen semen handling and thawing
- Basic anatomy of female reproductive tract in cattle
- Heat detection systems
- Synchronization systems for heifers and cows
Classes are held at Parks Show Cattle’s facilities located in Metamora, Michigan. We offer classes year round when we have available open cows. The class is taught in small groups of 3-4 individuals. We believe in the hands on approach, with little classroom time and the majority of the time spent practicing on real reproductive tracks as well as in real live cows. Our goal is for you to leave with the confidence and know-how to start successfully breeding cows.
Parks Show Cattle has had the honor of teaching people from all over the United States the skill of artificial inseminating cattle. Hotels are minutes from the farm in Lapeer, Michigan. Students can fly into Bishop International Airport (Flint, MI) or into Detroit Metro Aiport (Romulus, MI).
- Open to anyone of any age
- Only 3-4 people per class
- 2 day learning sessions
- $350 per person (non-refundable and must be paid in full to hold your spot in a class)
Contact David Parks at 248-765-7844 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for available class dates.